Saturday, November 20, 2010

ABBA FATHER


It is so amazing that words written so long ago are totally full of same meaning as when they were written. This is an old, old hymn, one I never knew, but the words are as familiar to my heart as ever. Singing of His marvelous grace and mercy that He would love so much to save even me. And He would clothe me in splendor and seat me at His banquet table to dine wtih him. And then I will be singing praises to Him for eternity. God bless you as you read these words that never lose their power.

ABBA, FATHER! WE APPROACH THEE




“Abba, Father!” We approach Thee



In our Savior’s precious Name;


We, Thy children, here assembled,


Now Thy promised blessing claim;


From our sins His blood hath washed us,


’Tis through Him our souls draw nigh,


And Thy Spirit, too, hath taught us,


“Abba, Father,” thus to cry.






Once as prodigals we wandered


In our folly far from Thee,


But Thy grace, o’er sin abounding,


Rescued us from misery;


Thou Thy prodigals hast pardoned,


Kissed us with a Father’s love,


Spread the festive board, and called us,


E’er to dwell with Thee above.






Clothed in garments of salvation,


At Thy table is our place,


We rejoice, and Thou rejoicest,


In the riches of Thy grace;


“It is meet,” we hear Thee saying,


“We should merry and be glad,


I have found My once lost children,


Now they live who once were dead.”






“Abba, Father!” all adore Thee,


All rejoice in Heav’n above,


While in us they learn the wonders


Of Thy wisdom, grace, and love;


Soon before Thy throne assembled,


All Thy children shall proclaim,


“Glory, everlasting glory,


Be to God and to the Lamb!”


                     James G. Deck 1841

16 comments:

Lynda said...

Great words - - - but don't recognize it. Thanks for sharing.

Clint said...

Thank you. Beautiful hymn. Too bad we as human beings cannot seem to remember to always put God first.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I agree with you about words meaning the same. I love the words to this song.
Blessings,
Ginger

Mya said...

I do not remember hearing this song either. It is a little sermon in a song. I like the words in the third verse where it talks of God's joy in finding His children.

The afghan you made for your grandson is beautiful. The colors are wonderful, and the relief work stands out nicely.

Charlotte said...

I'm not familiar with this song, but I really like the words.
Have a blessed Happy Thanksgiving.
Charlotte

Geoff Maritz said...

While America celebrates Thanks Giving and to you oh Lord lift their praise let me come before you and say thanks a hundred ways.
Have a great Thanks Giving my joyful friend and may God bless you this day and forever more.

Dee said...

Beautiful.♥ Thanksgiving blessings to you and your family. Dee

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Thank you for sharing this with us Bobbi. May our Lord give you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving Day. Lloyd

Anonymous said...

Thank you I needed that

Toyin O. said...

Lovely song, thanks for sharing.

crochet lady said...

Powerful word indeed.

I am getting back to you about a question you left on one of my posts.

The blue wave pattern I got from a book - 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns by Jan Eaton. The pattern is number 140 in the book. I am in love with ripple patterns lately. I found this was a great book for lots of variety.

Cathy said...

I can't recall the song, but it is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing it.

Susan said...

Soon before Thy throne assembled,


All Thy children shall proclaim,


“Glory, everlasting glory,


Be to God and to the Lamb!”

Looking for this day soon!!!!!!

Joey said...

I haven't heard this hymn, but it is lovely! Thank you for sharing it. It is so personal...

Joey

Dee said...

Merry Christmas, I hope all is well and that you will soon be back to your blog. You are missed. Dee

Brian Ray Todd said...

Awesome! I it is truly awesome what the Lord, our God, has done for us (who do not deserve it). The joy of our salvation is unbelievably awesome! Praise the Lord!