Sunday, May 16, 2010

SPIRITUAL SUNDAYS: A SIMPLE PRAYER


GOD SAID, "NO"

I asked God to take away my habit.
God said, No.
It is not for me to take away,
But for you to give it up.




I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said, No..
His spirit is whole,
his body is only temporary.

 

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;
It isn't granted, it is learned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings;
Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from Worldly cares
And brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No
You must grow on your own,
But I will prune you to make you fruitful.



I asked God for all things That I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life,
So that you may enjoy all things.



I asked God to help me LOVE others,
as much as He loves me.
God said... Ahhhh,
Finally you have the idea.

Author Unknown

16 comments:

Apron Senorita said...

Profound and true. That was a truly wondeful post. It spoke directly to me. Thank you for sharing it.

Yoli :)

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a wonderful poem, it says so much. I'm so glad you shared it here today on Spiritual Sunday. I wish you luck on publishing your book.
Blessings,
Ginger

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

This is truly insightful and inspiring. Did you write it yourself?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! Its okay for God to say NO to somethings. He knows our true needs, and what our attitude should be.

RCUBEs said...

I've read it before but it's always worth reading it again and being reminded to learn to be contented and be joyful no matter what circumstances we're in. Knowing God is always there with us. Blessings to you.

Jeannine said...

LOVE it! Thank-you so much for sharing such a beautiful post. God Bless.

Susan B said...

I've always loved this poem. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Musings of A Minister said...

Excellent!!!

Charlotte said...

This is so beautiful. Isn't it wonderful that God knows what we need and gives that to us instead of what we think we want. I'm so glad you chose to share with us on Spiritual Sundays.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss shrink! i like this prayer lots. mostly it reminds me that god loves me and that makes it real easy for me to love every one. ...hugs from lenny

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

This is really good. Thanks for sharing it :)

Lyn

Unknown said...

hi bobbi

Renee said...

This is really great..thanks for sharing it.

Perpetua said...

I've never seen this before. Thank you so much for posting it.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

thanks for sharing this...it makes me think of the dance of life....

Anonymous said...

I love your Blog. Thanks so much for your loving comments.
http://biblicalproof4catholicfaith.blogspot.com/