Friday, April 30, 2010
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 9:27 AM
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
1. Believes God rules the universe.
2. Believes God rules in the realm of mankind.
3. Believes God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
4. Believes the Bible is the inspired Word of God, and that it can be applied quite directly to our lives.
5. Rejects any traditions of men negating the power of God.
6. Believes the Holy Spirit is joined to believers spirit and divine anointing flows out through the heart of the believer.
7. Believes in revelation knowledge rather than rationalism.
NEW AGE MOVEMENT
1. Believes the Evocative Other rules the universe.
2. Believes man creates his own destiny.
3. Believes God is a force to be use for man's own desires.
4. Believes the Bible is simply a book.
5. Believes man can be empowered by connecting to the Evocative Other.
6. Believes the force of the universe is present in everything.
7. Believes there is a wisdom man can receive from "the force."
1. Believes God rules the universe.
2. Believes satan rules in the realm of mankind.
3. Believes God's power is quite limited in the Church age.
4. Believes the Bible is the inspired Word of God, however, most of it doesn't apply directly to our lives.
5. Teaches many traditions of men limiting God's power in this dispensation.
6. Believes Christ lives in the heart of the believer, but ignores or rejects the power of the Holy Spirit.
7. Believes God gave man a mind and he is supposed to use it (rationalism).
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 9:44 PM
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Am I Being Deceived is a book I am currently reading and I am so "blown away" by what I have read so far that I am compelled to share some of the ideas and perspectives of the authors Mark and Patti Virkler. I may be writing several blogs based on this book because the content is crucially relevant for Christians now.
The basic gist of the book is a comparison between true Christianity, Phariseeism, and the New Age movement. A brief description of the three is presented in the introductory chapter of the book and goes something like this:
PHARISEEISM: (p. XV) The Bible without the Spirit
1. Claiming to have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
2. Not expecting any feelings because that is emotionalism.
3. Never expect to hear God's voice because we now have the Bible.
4. No expectation of His vision, because dreams and visions were for the older Bible times and not for today.
5. No expectation of the anointing power of God because "the age of miracles has passed."
THE NEW AGE MOVEMENT: (p. XVII) The Spirit without the Bible
1. Rejects the Bible as the inerrant Word of God.
2. No absolute truth -- truth is relative
3. Whatever is experienced in the spirit world dictates to be true is true and is god.
TRUE CHRISTIANITY: (p.XVIII) The Spirit and the Bible
1. Seek a genuine personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
2. God still speaks and moves in His power as He did from the beginning of time. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever." Hebrews 13:8 (ESV) "For I, the Lord, do not change; ...." Malachi 3:6 (ESV)
3. The Holy Spirit is God. We are to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit ("When the Spirit of Truth comes, He will guide you into all the truth, but whatever He hears He will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come." John 16:13 ESV) and be filled with the Holy Spirit ("And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit." Ephesians 5:18 ESV)
4. The Bible is the true, inerrant, infallible, inspired Word of God. ("All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16,17 ESV)
There is enough truth embedded in false doctrine and philosophies that it becomes believable. If a person is not grounded in the Word of God and walking in the Holy Spirit, he is in extreme danger of being deceived, believing lies.
Phariseeism: Bible without the Spirit
New Age Movement: Spirit without the Bible
True Christianity: Spirit and the Bible
Two of these religious philosophies will take you to hell. One will take you to eternal life.
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 9:32 PM
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 2:35 PM
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
I am familiar with all of your ways. Psalms 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. Matthew 10:29-31
For you are made in My image. Genesis 1:27
In Me you live and move and have your being. Act 17:28
I knew you before you were conceived! Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose YOU when I planned creation. Ephesians 1:11-12
You were not a mistake, for all your days were written in my book. Psalms 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live. Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 149:13
I knitted you together in your mothers womb. Psalm 138:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born. Psalm 71:16
So now you know...how much I love you!
Posted by Crystal Mary at Thursday, April 15, 2010
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 9:03 PM
Friday, April 9, 2010
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 7:24 PM
Sunday, April 4, 2010
"Father I just want to stop for a minute & say I love You. I just want to thank You for being patient with me; for giving me another chance. You've always been there for me."
I would be selfish beyond recovery if I were to sit here in my little Christian corner & enjoy Christ for myself.
I know what it feels like to want more...
I know how it feels to realise that no friend, parent, loved one, gift or amount of money can satisfy the soul 100%. Even as a Christian I've had my days [correction: months] of feeling hopeless. I've questioned God...just like you might have. My friends could tell you that I've made enough mistakes to last... for a while & well, like yourself, I think I've had my fair share of pain. I've been on the road of confusion and loneliness many a times. But at the end of it all, (or maybe I should say "in the midst of it all") GOD IS STILL FAITHFUL. I just want to say that again... GOD IS STILL FAITHFUL no matter what your circumstnces look like or no matter what your emotions tell you. Friends, no one is more faithful than He is. Trust me, no one loves you like He does. All that you've ever wanted lies in His touch. His embrace can heal your heart. His voice can enlighten your darkness. His BLOOD can save you. =)
I know you've heard this before but GOD IS PERFECT. He isn't like us. He doesn't know what it is to mess up & I can't help but find comfort in that. This life isn't perfect and so pain will be inevitable but what if you did not have to endure it on your own? Don't you want to understand the freedom there is when we cast our burdens on Him? If your burden is not light, give it to God. I really mean give Him EVERYTHING and He will give you comfort.
Give God a chance. Please. He's given us many. Break down those walls of doubt, fear, pride and skepticism that prevent you from running to the One who loved you first. Give Him a chance to have your whole life this time. Don't ever think that things are too bad for God to handle. Just tell Him that you need Him and that you are His and have faith that He will take you on a new journey.
If you've never given your life to Christ or if you've only given Him a part of your life, then join me in taking a stance. Choose to dedicate or re-dedicate your life to the only Saviour. If there's a part of you that is not completely fulfilled, if there's a part of you that still desires something more from life, then that means there's a part of you that knows you should draw closer to Christ.
Salvation was not made available to us because Christ randomly felt like leaving His throne to experience the 'thrill' of crucifixion on Earth.
HE DID IT FOR YOU.
He was not forced. He CHOSE to do it for YOU.
God- the king of the world; the creator of Heaven- became flesh [FOR YOU]
He subjected Himself to every kind of pain possible [FOR YOU]
He allowed sinners to ridicule Him and de-crown Him [FOR YOU]
He allowed men to spit on Him and abuse Him [FOR YOU]
He allowed a crown of THORNS to be placed on His royal head and His sides to be pierced [YUP...that would be FOR YOU as well]
He endured the pain and the humiliation [just because HE WANTS YOU]
Yes, it's unbelievable but it's true!
Don't believe me?
I bet you've never wondered then why He did not call it off, why He did not cry "You've taken this too far. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!" ?
You see, He knew all along that you'd be worth it.
God became like an insect in His OWN company [for OUR SAKE].
He is waiting...God is waiting on you to come to Him, to receive His gift ( and if you've already received it, then to enjoy His gift). He's waiting on you to get closer to Him.
I can picture Him glancing at those nail-pierced hands daily, with no regret in His heart and only love in His eyes, as He whispers to an angel "It was worth it. You see, I'm just waiting on this one to realise that I am MORE THAN ENOUGH."
Posted by ~* Souled Out *~ at 10:32 PM
Labels: crucifixion, easter, salvation, testimony
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 6:55 AM
Friday, April 2, 2010
Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds. Jeremiah 14:14
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 6:35 AM