Sunday, November 29, 2009

A FIRST FOR ME


I was tending to my usual Saturday things, when my husband informed me that I would be using his new John Deere mower to ariate the lawn in preparation for seeding grass for next year. I told him I didn't know how to drive it and I was afraid I would mess it up in some way. He insisted that I do this for him.
I reluctantly got on the mower. He instructed me step by step how to start the thing and drive it. It is a very complicated machine. It has cruise control, all kinds of things just like a car. I only needed to know how to make it go and stop it.
Once I got going, it seemed to go really well. I did have one mishap. I got too close to the chain link fence and got the ariator hung up on the fence. Larry came to my rescue and helped me get unstuck. Other than that I was able to get the job done.
I was pretty proud of myself for being able to operate such a machine as this lawn tractor. And the really neat part of the whole thing is that I got a John Deere hat to wear.

0 comments: