Thursday, July 22, 2010

UDATE

I've been kind of scarce here the last several weeks. I just wanted to give an update on what's going on with me.

I have been doing as my Primary Care Physician has ordered by putting all my "extracurricular activities" on the back burner. She diagnosed me with mental and physical exhaustion the week prior to the 4th of July.

At that time I was unable to do much more than get out of bed and make it to my chair in the family room. I am now going to work every day, which is Mon - Thurs from 8 am to 7 pm. Mentally, I'm guarding myself against any unnecessary stress and seem to be handling things much better. Physically, I have more energy but realize I'm still very much "exhausted."

I'm now battling a rash, my RN daughter-in-law tells me it's psoriasis, on the back of my neck and up in my hair. This is the 5th time I've had this "rash." It presents itself after a stressful time. It follows the exact same pattern each time. The only thing it responds to is Benedryl. That stops the itching. It just has to take its' course.

I miss visiting all your blogs, learning and commenting. I do keep up with Daily Grace and join in with Spiritual Sundays. I appreciate all of you who continue to visit and take the time to comment. It means more to me than you know.

I will be back to some kind of normal before long. Until then, know that I visit you from time to time and pray for all of you. Keep blogging. I'll catch up with y'all real soon.

Bobbi

15 comments:

Gregg Metcalf said...

I for one have missed you. Hope you take it easy and "follow Dr.'s orders."

Glad you are up and at em! How's that new grandbaby?

RCUBEs said...

Praying for your continued healing and restoration. God bless.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear what has been happening to you, and I do hope you recover fully soon.

Lenny Lee said...

im really happy youre doing lots better. just take your time and get well.
...hugs from lenny

Joey said...

Take good care of yourself. Bless your heart.

Ruth said...

glad to hear you're doing better... take plenty of rest whenever you can. praying much for you!!
Blessings,
Ruth

Saleslady371 said...

Thanks for the update! Praying this rash will go in Jesus' Name. Sweet peace and sleep to you, Dr. Bobbi.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

praying for you Bobbie....take gentle care of yourself and feel back to yourself really soon. And I love the m & m guy...They're a hit at our house...

Chatty Crone said...

I hope you do feel better soon and that your skin rash goes away - I have battled with dermatitis myself.

How does a doctor put you on mental and physical rest? I think I need that too.. Seriously - I'm so tired.

Get better soon.
sandie

God Whispers said...

Thank you for the update. Blessings.

Haelie said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon! I know how annoying and painful psoriasis can be, as my grandmother has it very bad. REST!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I just want to say thank you for that reply. I needed it today! God must have known. Sandie

Unknown said...

Bobbi, You are still on my prayer list.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Glad for the update. These bodies of ours are not indestructible, are they? Sounds like a good time to keep things on the back burner for awhile.

Blessings and prayers.

Sonja

Dee said...

I am glad you are following the doctor's orders. I took a blog break to get through a busy and potentialy stressful July. I am so happy I did. I miss my blog but know it will be there for me when the busyness passes. I have had to learn the hard way to take care of myself. I feel a break will feed your creativity and will give you a fresh out look on circumstances so you won't have to deal with that nasty rash.:)