Saturday, October 1, 2011

LISTEN TO THE TRUTH

Our lives are surrounded with flashes of fear and seemingly hopeless situations. The Lord is teaching me day by day to keep my eyes off the tribulations in my personal life and in this world. He is showing me how to keep my eyes on Him so that I don't become immobilized for fear of the future or become overwhelmed at what goes on around me. He brings His Word to my mind and instills it in my heart so that I can keep going on with courage and peace.
 
I have family relationships that are very troubling. I endure physical problems that no end can be seen. I am aware of the condition of this world and the direction it is headed. All these things could so overpower me that I would be useless as a witness and encourager of my fellow Christians.
 
Thank you Lord, for giving me Your Word that You are in control, that I don't have to be afraid. All I have to do is believe and keep walking in Your grace.
 
 


Lyrics to "Voice of Truth" by Casting Crown

Oh,what I would do to have
the kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown
Where Jesus is,
And he's holding out his hand

But the waves are calling out my name
and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
time and time again
"Boy, you'll never win,
You you'll never win

But the Voice of truth tells me a different story
the Voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"
and the Voice of truth says "this is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of truth

Oh, what I would do
to have the kind of strength it takes
To stand before a giant
with just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound
of a thousand warriors
shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out
my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
time and time again
"Boy you'll never win,
you'll never win."

But the voice of truth tells me a different story
the Voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"
and the Voice of truth says "this is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of truth

But the stone was just the right size
to put the giant on the ground
and the waves they don't seem so high
from on top of them looking down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
when I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
singing over me

But the Voice of truth tells me a different story
The Voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of truth says "this is for my glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me (calling out to me)
I will choose to listen and believe (I will choose to listen and believe)
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of truth

I will listen and believe
I will listen and believe the Voice of truth
I will listen and believe
'Cause Jesus you are the Voice of truth
And I will listen to you.. oh you are the Voice of truth


For more inspirational posts click on the Spiritual Sundays icon on my sidebar to the right. God bless,


14 comments:

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

i needed this!

Lisa notes... said...

Yes, there are so many things, in and around us, that have the power to overpower us if we let them. SO very thankful for God's Spirit in us to give us peace. I don't quite accept it like I want to, but He's helping me grow in it.

I love this song by Casting Crowns. It is truth about truth.

Ruth said...

May God hear your cries and continue to give you courage and sweet communion with him in the midst of the challenges.
He love you so much!
Blessings,
Ruth

Pamela said...

Oh the blessed voice of truth! I'm so thankful the Lord can out speak the devil's evil whispers.

Blessings,
Pamela

KathyB. said...

I love this song.We need to constantly remind each other as fellow believers, that God is in control even when we don't FEEL like He is.Guess that is why He stressed the need for us to gather together for encouragement, exhortation,and sharing with each other as we break bread in remembrance of Him.

When I want most to be alone to feel sorry for myself, I seem to find myself with brethren who kindly do not allow that.( some people spoil all my fun!)

Jen said...

This is the third post in a row about trusting in God. Just love it when God speaks like this. Thank you! ~ jen

Charlotte said...

The video is so beautiful and the words so true. We need to be selective in what voices we hear. We always want to hear the voice of truth. Thank you, Dr. Bobbi, for sharing these words of truth.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Cathy said...

I can identify with you, Dear. That song is beautiful. Here is a little scripture song I wrote about peace. http://wordsongcollections.blogspot.com/2008/08/peace.html We don't give up hope, for with God all things are possible. Blessings ~

Karen said...

Thank you, Bobbi, for sharing this. I first heard this song from a young mom whose husband had become a drug addict and left her with two boys to raise. What a great song.

Saleslady371 said...

This song speaks volumes to the brokenhearted. Focusing on God's truth as we go through the hard times will pull us through and what I see in my family is God's gracious favor to encourage others on our journey. Who can do that but our wonderful God!

Esther Joy said...

I love that song - it has such a message! Thanks for the visit to my blog. Family and health issues can be very challenging - speaking from experience... Praying His peace will fill your life this day!

HeARTworks said...

This is so true, Bobbi! We can be so focused on what makes us insecure or fearful that we are immobilized like you said, or we can keep our eyes on the Lord so we can stay afloat! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Joan Davis (Jo) said...

I love the song, Voice of Truth, by Casting Crowns. No giant in our lives can take us down when Jesus is by our side!

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving your encouraging comment, Bobbi!

Blessings, Joan

Anita Johnson said...

This is one of my favorite songs...reading the words is powerful too...