Wednesday, March 17, 2010

IT'S A BOY

Baby Woolsey now has a name. He will be called Evan Thomas Woolsey. I had the awesome privilege of attending the 20 week ultrasound with my son, Ryan, and daughter-in-law, Jennifer. This was the one they were waiting for, since the gender of the baby would be able to be determined. I watched the screen as the ultrasound began and just stared in awe at the images of a little life moving innocently about in the safety of mommy's womb. We saw his spine, that was perfect. It looked so strong. We saw his heart, beating with perfect rhythm, strong. We saw his little hands, legs, and feet, moving, moving, moving. The radiologist switched to the 3D mode, and the image we saw of his little face just did something inside me that I cannot explain.

When the radiologist announced and simultaneously showed us the gender of this little boy, I let out a scream. I would have done that no matter which gender the baby was, but it just came out of me. I did apologize for that, but the kids were gracious with this old grandma.

I had gone last weekend and bought a pink fuzzy lamb and a blue one and stuck them in my bag. When we knew that it was a boy, I pulled out the blue soft fuzzy lamb and put it on Jenn's shoulder.

Thanks for letting me share such a personal and deeply touching moment in my life. Now I gotta crochet that last section of blue on the baby blanket I'm making. Praise God for His miracle of conception and birth. Amazing!



4 comments:

Brian Ray Todd said...

Congratulations! Awesome news! Blessings.

sam_sam said...

I THINK IT WAS AWESOME YOU ATTENED THE ULTASOUND.CONGRADULATIONS ON THE NEW BUNDLE OF JOY COMMING SOON.I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE BOY.

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

Sam Sam, was that a knowing thing that it would be a boy, or just a hunch? I had no clue what it would be, but was hoping it was a boy. I think I was as happy as I was when I gave birth to the two boys and the nurses told me, it's a boy. It's like I just felt such a sense of relief and joy. Thanks for the positive comment. Appreciate it a lot.

Brenda said...

Congradulations on the new grandson! They will be a blessing! We have 3 grandsons and 1 grand-dughter, and they bring us much joy.