Wednesday, June 30, 2010
I haven't been on blogger very much in the last couple of weeks. I have slowly been winding down into a state of exhaustion. I have not been to work for the past few days. I will be seeing my doctor this morning to find out what's going on. If you can think of a symptoms, physical or mental, I have it, except no fever, no water rentions and no chest pains. My gut tells me I have been driving myself beyond my limits and everything is going on strike.
The little lady in this picture is running circles around me in that picture. If that gives you any indication of where I am.
Please don't abandon me, I am just incapacitated at the moment. I covet your prayers because I know God and what He can do. I know that the prayers of His people accomplish much. I have been able to keep Daily Grace current. I praise the Lord for that.
Love you all and hope to be up and running soon.
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 8:29 AM
Friday, June 18, 2010
Worship is giving God the best that He has given you. Be careful
what you do with the best you have. Whenever you get a blessing
from God, give it back to Him as a love gift. Take time to meditate
before God and offer the blessing back to Him in a deliberate act
of worship. If you hoard a thing of blessing for yourself, it will
turn into spiritual dry rot, as the manna did when it was hoarded
[Exodus 16]. God will never let you hold a spiritual thing for
yourself, it has to be given back to Him that he may make it a
blessing to others.
- Oswald Chambers, MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST, Barbour &
Company (http://www.barbourbooks.com/). Selected mostly from talks
given during the years 1911-1915, these devotionals were first
published in 1935 by Dodd, Mead & Co., renewed in 1963 by
Oswald Chambers Publication Association, Ltd.
Weekends of Worship click here.
Spiritual Sundays click here.
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 11:55 PM
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Ephesians 2:1-10 (ESV)
To personalize this passage, replace "you" with "I", "me", or "my". As you do this, notice what you are reading, the words. Allow the Lord to speak to you. As you read, you can freely worship and know that the marvelous grace and mercy of God is meant for YOU. I will personalize the passage so you can experience personally what God has done.
Ephesians 2:1-10 (ESV)
1. "And I was dead in the trespasses and sins 2. in which I once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience--3. among whom I once lived in the passions of my flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and was by nature a child of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 4. But God being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved me, 5. even when I was dead in my trespasses, made me alive together with Christ--by grace I have been saved--6. and raised me up with him and seated me with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7. so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward me in Christ Jesus. 8. For by grace I have been saved through faith. And this is not my own doing; it is the gift of God, 9. not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10. For I am his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that I should walk in them."
What an awesome gift of love and grace my God showed to ME!
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 3:00 AM
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Being a part of Blogger world is an awesome experience. I am meeting some wonderful people and some precious brothers and sisters in Christ. I write my 3 blogs because God moves me to do so. It is by His grace and mercy that I live and breathe.
One of my brother's in Christ, Stan Butler @ According To The Book honored me by awarding me and 14 others out of his 700+ followers with The Versatile Blogger award. Thank you, Stan, and God bless you richly. Now it's my turn to share this award with 15 of my followers who follow one or more of my three blogs: Inside the Shrink, Daily Grace, and Psychobabble. This is not going to be easy. I value each and every one of my followers and readers.
The rules for this award are that when you receive this award, you must share seven things about yourself and then pass it on to fifteen blog's (that's a lot) you've recently discovered you enjoy! So here goes the seven things about myself:
1) God Almighty is 1st in my life. I am a born again, Spirit filled Christian and have been since July 1975. My desire is to share the Gospel with all I meet and to have them know Him as their Saviour.
2) I treasure my family: My husband of 24 years, my 2 sons and their wives, my 3 step-children and their spouses, my 9 step-grandchildren, my soon to arrive grandson (August 5th), and my 2 great-step-granchildren.
3) I am a Missouri licensed Clinical Psychologist and practice as a Christian Psychologist. God called me to this work at the age of 15. Every day is like having church in my office. Praise God.
4) I am an aspiring and inspired writer. I have 4 WIPS (works in progress). 1. A one-year devotional of Daily Grace 2 & 3: Christian non-fiction "How To Overcome Adveristy" and "Walking In the Aftermath of Reaping What Should Have Never Been Sown." 4. Christian stories for children that I co-author with my precious friend.
5) I crave and cling to the Word of God. I study and read the Bible every day. My prayer life is a consant ongoing conversation with the Lord.
6) I am in love with my 4 year old little female ShihTzu, Indivi (short for individual). I love every dog. I am a dog lover. I understand dogs. They like me. That's just the way it is.
7) I love getting out on the lake in our boat during the warm months. I love writing and reading. I have crocheted for over 30 years now. (I had to teach myself because I'm left handed.) I enjoy music and singing. I am 5'10" tall and have natural curly blonde hair (ok, I get it hightlighted). I am so blessed. God is so awesome!
Here are the fifteen blog's that I nominate for this award!
Right click on the award... Save picture as...then "copy and paste" to your blog.
1. Patty Ann http://pttyann.wordpress.com/
2. Alleluiabelle http://alleluiabelle.blogspot.com/
3. Triumphant Victorious Reminders http://triumphantvictoriousreminders.blogspot.com/
4. DeanO http://doubletakecreations.blogspot.com/
5. Steve http://rejoicinginhishope.blogspot.com/
6. Velvet Over Steel http://velvetoversteel.blogspot.com/
7. RCUBES http://offthebeatentrek.blogspot.com/
8. Doris Plaster http://doris-socialworker.blogspot.com/
9. Jack Foster http://mrbiblehead.blogspot.com/
10. Lynda Young http://lyndayoung.blogspot.com/
11. Steve Hawley http://stevehawley.blogspot.com/
12. Deb http://dtrant.blogspot.com/
13. Elaine Jany Barbanti http://jesuscristoemminhavida.blogspot.com/
14. Grandma L http://petpeevesandotherrantings.blogspot.com/
15. Roland D. Yeomans http://rolandyeomans.blogspot.com/
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 8:52 PM
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Lyrics | Brad Paisley lyrics - In The Garden lyrics
Posted by INSIDE THE SHRINK at 11:00 PM